Signs of Stress
Children can be rambunctious, willful, inquisitive, and that’s why we love them at Cobb Family Chiropractic!
- · Chiropractic can help such conditions as colic, unexplained crying, poor appetite, breathing problems, and reflux
- · It can also assist in childhood problems such as ADD/ADHD, asthma, allergies, ear infections, diarrhea, and constipation
- · At Cobb Family Chiropractic we are trained to look for subluxations on the pediatric spine that may develop into more serious problems down the road
- · If your child is experiencing any of the above problems, let us take a look and evaluate their spine
- · Have your child checked when they first start crawling, walking, falling down, or having “growing pains”. By doing so, you are paving the way for a healthy adult.
Attention Deficit Disorder/Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder is one of the most common diagnoses amongst our school children. Thousands of prescriptions each day are written for drugs such as Ritalin, Adderall, Concerta, and Stratera, but did you know that kids who take such drugs experience side effects such as low appetite, stomach pains, and sleeping problems?
- · Kids with ADD/ADHD have undetected food allergies and nutritional imbalances
- · Many have severe subluxations (nerve, joint, and muscle tension causing misalignment) in the upper cervical spine
- · Many pediatric patients experience greater focus and higher grades after receiving regular chiropractic care
- · No adverse side effects from these adjustments!
It is heartbreaking for parents to watch their children suffer from ear infections. It is even more anguishing to put in ear tubes and having the surgery not work.
- · Upper cervical and cranial adjustments can help relieve the pain and pressure of ear infections
- · Adjustments also help in stimulating the immune system to fight off the infection without medication
- · In fact, the first chiropractic patient was a man who had an ear problem – he was deaf and regained his hearing after one chiropractic adjustment!
Headaches are fairly common for many people and most people rely on medication like aspirin to deal with it. What these people do not realize is that the problem causing the headache may be coming from some other region in the body and will continue unless corrected. Subluxations in the spine can cause pain signals to be sent to an indivuals head, causing the pain we often refer to as headaches.
Chiropractic care can relieve and correct the problem causing the pain. There are also ways you can help yourself, like improving your lifestyle. If you're sick and tired of your life, change your lifestyle.
Dr. Cobb is very familiar with and well trained in the treatment of scoliosis (abnormal lateral curvature of the spine) and its effects on the body.
- · If younger scoliosis patients are treated before their growth spurt, chiropractic can help diminish the abnormal curve and assist the spine in growing as straight as possible!
- · Chiropractic treatments for your spine are like braces for your teeth
- · You cannot expect change to happen overnight, but gradual correction helps the bones to align straighter
Emotional stress can have devastating consequences on the nervous and immune system. It oftentimes causes even more vertebral subluxations than physical trauma.
- · Chiropractic and acupuncture treatments help to calm down the nervous system
- · Most patients report sleeping as well as concentrating better after having been under our care
- · We also offer different types of massage therapy that complement the alternative treatments we utilize here
- · Oftentimes massage is fully or partially covered under your health insurance plan